101 to 150 Employees
PWTransit is currently seeking career-oriented part-time Transit Drivers to join our team in Whitby. We offer competitive wages, ongoing training and development, and a family-oriented team environment.
Drivers are responsible for safely transporting passengers on a daily basis and must be committed to providing superior customer service. Commitment, patience, maturity, and initiative are all required qualities.
- Completion of Grade 12
- Minimum 5 years of previous driving experience
- Class B or C driver’s license or higher with air brake endorsement (Z)
- No more than 3 demerit points in the past 3 years or 5 points in the past 5 years
- No more than 2 moving violations in the past 5 years
- No suspensions or prohibitions of any kind in the past 5 years
- No more than 1 at fault collision in the past 5 years
- No criminal convictions or pending charges relating directly to the Operator position
- Able to pass a comprehensive medical examination relating to Motor Vehicle Act requirement for a class 2 driver’s license
- Significant skills dealing effectively with the public, including demonstrated skills in conflict resolution, problem solving, and sound decision-making in positions providing customer service
- Ability to understand, speak and write English in order to communicate effectively with the traveling public and to report on incidents involving safety and/or service
- Willing to work shifts, including split shifts, weekends, and statutory holidays (transit service operates 7 days per week, 19 hours per day)
- Transport customers throughout the local region, in accordance with Company and operating partner policies and procedures
- Observe all traffic laws and safety rules while adhering to time schedules
- Complete a variety of vehicle and incident reports as required
- Carry out emergency/accident procedures when required
- Courteously and professionally interact with customers, including loading mobility devices and escorting customers to and from curb side as required, answering inquiries en route, making general announcements of assistance to customers
- Report delays, mechanical problems and accidents
- Issue transfers, collect fares and ensure valid passes are presented, record transactions on GFI farebox
- Arrange for passenger pick-up and drop-off as required
Note: For Applying for the job, please go through the job that suits you from the webpage and read the instruction carefully, fill up your details, provide us your RESUME for Transit Driver Job In Canada, so that we can know you. We will email you once you are approved. Thank you.